Everybody know how hard it is to find nice clothes for boys. Now you think that you can always make them yourself, but where’s the sewing patterns?! It seems that nice sewing pattern for boys are even harder to find.
So I was very excited when I heard about Sewing for Boys by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage from Patterns by Figgy’s. This book features 24 projects to make a handmade wardrobe for boys. All sewing level is welcomed here, from beginner to advanced. It’s about time we have books like this!
I have finished one project from this book, the Henry shirt pattern, and really love the result! It is tagged as an advanced project, but there are lots of other projects in the book in beginner and intermediate sewing level.
I think all the projects in this book really consider the fact that boys are meant to run around and carry lots of stuff in their pockets. The clothes are designed to be comfortable for daily wear and easy to put on. The simple lines of the design are versatile, different kind of fabric and patterns can be used to achieve different looks, from formal to casual.
Next on my list is this Luka hoodie! In addition to the big front pocket, the hoodie also has a secret pocket under that flap. Yay for more pockets! The days are getting cooler now so a hoodie is good addition to Sidra’s wardrobe.
- To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment in this post. One entry per person.
- Please make sure that you fill the email column correctly so I can contact you (the email won’t be published).
- The giveaway is open to everyone, anywhere in the world.
- One winner will be chosen random.
- I will announce the winner on Friday, September 16, 2011.
Good luck! Don’t forget to check out Wiley Craft blog to read about their upcoming publications and author Q&As, as well as free patterns and tutorials!
Follow the Sewing for Boys blog tour!
- September 5 Made by Rae
- September 6 Sew, Mama, Sew
- September 7 The Southern Institute & Film in the Fridge
- September 8 Elsie Marley
- September 9 Noodlehead & Oh, Fransson!
- September 10 I Heart Linen
- September 11 Anna Maria Horner
- September 12 Craft Buds, Pink Chalk Fabric, Prudent Baby, Sew Much Ado
- September 13 Very Purple Person, Quilt Story & Sew Sara
- September 14 The Long Thread
- September 15 Susan Beal
- September 16 True Up
- September 17 All Buttoned Up & Bolt Fabric Boutique
- September 18 MADE & Wiley Craft