naniIRO Negroni shirt

naniIRO Negroni shirt naniIRO Negroni shirt

Instead of all the projects I was talking about yesterday, I made another shirt for my husband. I suppose I’m not very good at planning projects.

Anyway, my husband has been wearing his three Negroni shirts almost every day, so I think a fourth one is necessary. The fabric is double-gauze cotton by naniIRO in white with jagged grey stripes. I love how the lines are somewhat irregular and not really straight, a character that shows in almost all naniIRO fabric.

naniIRO Negroni shirt naniIRO Negroni shirt

naniIRO Negroni shirt naniIRO Negroni shirt

Pattern is Negroni from Colette patterns.

20 Responses to naniIRO Negroni shirt

1. NATALIA RICO says:

It´s lovely. :D
    I like so much your blog, and your work and your fotos. It´s so creative and original.
    Regards.♥

2. Debra says:

I will be taking on my first button down shirt pattern sometime soon- waiting for fabric and the pattern to arrive now. Do you have any tips for making sure the buttons and buttonholes line up nicely? I was thinking of marking the buttonholes, doing those first, then lining up the shirt, and marking where the buttons go through the button holes. Does that seem like it makes sense or do you have a better way? You do such lovely work for your family!

Hi Debra!
      Usually I mark buttonholes and button placements at the same time. My buttonholes are usually about 5mm longer than the diameter of the buttons. The button placement is not right at the center of the buttonholes but slightly raised upwards (about 2-3 mm) because when the shirt is buttoned, the buttonholes will ‘fall’ to the buttons. I hope I’m making sense! :)

3. Millie says:

It’s so great! I always love the things you make. The photos of him buttoning up his shirt are great. I have made my husband a Negroni shirt too…he loves it and I plan to make another soon.

Thank you! Your husband’s Negroni looks wonderful, I love the tiny gingham check!
      My husband tends to get all tensed up too when his picture is taken, I usually tell him to move around while I take pictures. And no jumping about! :D Recently he starts to relax which makes things easier, but he said that he can never pose like that in front of other people :P

4. Adey says:

So simple but absolutely lovely!

5. Kayo says:

Such a lucky husband! Double gauze seems perfect for Setsuden in this summer!

6. seeks says:

You are selling me on this Negroni pattern really well. I will have to get it for my stash so I can make some for my hubby. :)

7. Mary in FL says:

Does your husband know how lucky he is to have shirts made by you?

8. lisa says:

very nice! your husband knows you love him!

9. Ah, that shirt is great :) (I also have the Negroni shirt pattern in my drawer, I really must make my hubby one soon LOL!).

10. Sophia says:

It’s perfect! I love the fabric, subtle but stylish.

11. Disney says:

Ah! I can’t believe you made that, it looks so incredible. And those first two photos are priceless. :o)

12. Barbara says:

You rock! Your husband must be so pleased to have you sew for him, and so proud of your beautiful work. It shows on his face! He obviously loves his three shirts. Your skills are so beautifully evident. You’re an inspiration.