This very pretty embroidered cotton was found in a local fabric store, but unfortunately it was only in a small piece. So I planned to make a bib dress with it, combining it with this denim-like blue cotton/linen fabric. I was ready to draft a pattern myself when I found this Wenlan blouse pattern in Burdastyle, the pattern is actually for a blouse and the recommended fabric is flowy materials like chiffon and silk. My blue fabric is a bit stiff, but I think I can use this pattern for my dress, so I went ahead and bought the pattern for $7.99.
And it is indeed a good pattern! I omitted the tie collar (which was impossible anyway with the stiff fabric) and lengthened the pattern to make a dress. The embroidered cotton is a bit thin, so I lined it with plain cotton in broken white. The neckline was finished with bias binding, so were both of the armholes. I also added a pair of hidden pockets on the side seams because all dresses should have pockets!
The stiff fabric makes the dress really looks different than the original. I especially like the sleeves, they stuck out like a pair of shoulder pads or mini wings. Love this bib dress! I’m thinking of using the pattern again to make other dress in absolutely different kind of fabric.