I almost can’t believe I finally finished it! This jacket is supposed to be my husband’s birthday present, but I miscalculated the working time. His birthday was last Monday, and I’ve forgotten that there would be two days weekend before that, in which I wouldn’t be able to sew. And I couldn’t sew on Monday too because Sidra had one school day off after the Sports Festival. The pattern is The Stinchcomb, downloaded from BurdaStyle, and after printing it, I ended up with 67 A4 pages that I was supposed to tape together. The whole living room floor was covered […]
When I saw this Kasia skirt pattern in Burdastyle, I really wanted to try it out. The pocket and waist area are so interesting. But since I don’t like wearing skirt (my wardrobe is all dresses) and I don’t think high-waisted skirt is a wise choice for someone in my size (and my height), I made it for my best friend who’s living several thousand miles away. I also made a top with leg-of-mutton sleeves and high neck to go with the skirt. The base pattern is Lydia from Burdastyle, and I altered the sleeves using this useful information from […]
This is an grown-up version of Sidra’s shirt with band collar for my husband. The pattern is the same as his grey nani IRO shirt, and I only changed the front opening and collar area. I think the feeling is very different from Sidra’s shirt because of the contrast between the red button tab and the black shirt. My husband said that the shirt reminds him of Startrek uniform. The sleeves and the shirt hem are not finished because they are on fabric selvedge. There’s something about the selvedge area of a fabric that always get me interested. I always […]
I fall in love with the whole line of nani IRO, a fabric line by Japanese designer, Naomi Ito. It features double-gauze fabric that looks like watercolour paintings. I found this grey fabric with blue stripes on the selvedge in Yuzawaya and it’s perfect for my husband’s shirt. The pattern is Jakob pattern from Burdastyle, but I change it to short-sleeves with straight hem. I really like the stripes on the selvedge, with the fabric name on it, so I use them on the shirt hem, sleeves, pocket, and collar, also eliminating the need to finish the hem. Sewing this […]
I sewed up this pair of mittens to replace the old one which is now worn out and dirty. This simple project also allowed me to try out those stitches that come with my Janome machine. I bought the fabrics in Yuzawaya, in a pre-cut package of about 20 pieces of 25×55 cm colourful fabrics. I’m still thinking of all the possibilities to use them up. Now these mittens are almost too pretty to be used. Pattern is Burdastyle’s Layla.