Grey pants – Vogue 2948 #2

Vogue 2948 Vogue 2948

Fixing the front crotch curve

My second take on Vogue 2948, the pants pattern used in Craftsy Pant Fitting Techniques by Sandra Betzina. My wearable muslin was not too bad, the thing that I need to do was fixing the horizontal lines across the front.

The first thing I did was releasing the side seams a bit around the waist to hip area. I noticed several lines radiating from the crotch, so the area might need more room. To do this, I reduced the front curve a bit to add more room there.

I moved the zipper to the center back because I feel that the side seam zipper on my first version made the pants hang a bit differently on each side. I also added a couple of side seam pockets, the tiny pockets on the original pattern wouldn’t be too useful for me.

The alterations seemed to work, I think my pants don’t look too bad! My fabric has a bit of stretch in it though, so that might contribute to the finished result.

Vogue 2948 Vogue 2948

Pant Fitting Techniques

Pant Fitting Techniques

If you’re interested in taking this class, Craftsy is having Christmas sale until December 25. This class is offered with 50% discount from its original price of USD 49.99. But if you want to join later, you can still get a 40% discount by clicking this link: Pant Fitting Techniques with Sandra Betzina.

Also, wishing you a merry Christmas and happy holiday! \(^_^)/

15 Responses to Grey pants – Vogue 2948 #2

1. Alicia says:

Great pants! I just got this lesson from Craftsy too and I cant wait for my pattern to arrive!
    What fabric is this pair of yours made of? It looks so comfortable and tailored at the same time.

• Novita says:

Hope your great will turn out great!
      My fabric is some kind of polyester and had a bit of stretch. I’m sorry I can’t be more specific though, I bought it already cut in a store that sells OOP and end of rolls fabric so there was no content tag :(

2. nothy says:

I love these pants. Great fabric. I am enrolling in this class as soon as I finish this comment. I didn’t like the pattern for this class until I saw your version. Bravo!

3. Kyle says:

Those pants look amazing!! I started watching the videos for the last night but felt totally overwhelmed!! I think I need to do the things as Sandra does them instead of just watching it like a movie. Anyway, the pants look PERFECT!

• Novita says:

I watched all of them first and I agree that it was overwhelming. So many things to remember! Then I had to go back several times because I’ve forgotten stuff…. :P
      Thank you for the comment Kyle!

4. Amy says:

Another nice pair! I like your sandals, too ;)

• Novita says:

Thank you! They are orthpaedic ladies’ sandal by Wörishofer, I bought three in different colors when Modcloth was having a sale because they’re so comfortable! :)

5. Ginger says:

These look so cute on you! Nicely done!

6. Deb says:

Great fit! And great job with that rear zipper- I was actually looking at the pics wondering where you put it at first! Didn’t even see it.

7. SuzySewing says:

They look great! I also have this class but not sure when I’ll find time to do it. Trying to be good and finish my current projects first :)

8. Vicki says:

Sold! Those look amazing on you.

9. Houseofpinheiro says:

Not bad at all. I have this clas and I’m thinking to make it after Christmas …