The newest jeans that I made for Sidra. The fabric is leftover from my husband’s jeans, which happen to be just enough for a pair of cropped jeans. I hate throwing things away! The pattern is my usual self-drafted one, I think I’ve used it for 5-6 times with slight variations. I use red topstitching instead of burnt orange like in my husband’s jeans.
Don’t worry about that peeping tom in white shirt, it’s just my husband (-_-)
Sleepy-faced boy is going to school.
Sidra is crazy about skull and cross pattern now, so I put a little label on the back pocket.
The pocket lining is some leftover striped linen fabric. I sewed a casing on the inside of the back waistband and put elastic in it. The elastic has several buttonholes to make it adjustable.
When I was sewing it yesterday, suddenly I got a pang of boredom about sewing pants and felt like, “Ooooh it’s so boring! There’s nothing new anymore.” Well, I’ve made several jeans and pants lately so maybe that was the cause. There was a big temptation to leave it unfinished but fortunately I managed to finish the pants! I’m glad it was finished because unfinished projects always make me feel guilty.
However, I think I should take a break from sewing pants for a while. On the other hand, I just ordered 2 yards of indigo denim to make another jeans for my husband. Maybe I can try installing rivets to make it feel like learning something new again.
Jeans pattern is self-drafted.