I really like this red dress I made sometime ago and wear it almost everyday. So when I found yet another wall-hanging fabric, I decided to make a variation based on the pattern.
The bodice area is lengthened and a hood added. The hood pattern was traced from my husband’s hooded cardigan, with the neckline adjusted to the neckline of the dress. I also made a pleated area on the front, but instead of stitches, it is held by two buttons; creating an illusion of front opening. The sleeves are on fabric selvedge so I didn’t have to stitch the hem.
Worn with a simple petticoat underneath, the dress turned out nice and really comfortable. Love it. Now I’m thinking of every possibilities to use this pattern again. Maybe I should make a coat out of it.