Fruits print jersey dress (Vogue 1351)

Fruit jersey dress (Vogue 1351) Fruit jersey dress (Vogue 1351)

I actually finished this dress almost two weeks ago and have been wearing it almost everyday since then. It is made of jersey and extremely comfortable in spite of the dressy look. It is basically a long tank top!

The pattern is Vogue 1351 by DKNY. From the pattern envelope: Lined, pullover dress has draped front neckline, closing-fitting, bias front bodice and skirt, and invisible side zipper.

The pattern calls for bias front bodice and skirt, but my jersey fabric has this delightful fruits print that goes in one direction. Since the fabric is stretchy, I didn’t cut on bias and omitted the zipper. I cut size 6 and didn’t make too many alteration except for shortening the bodice and skirt. The dress is not too fitted around the waist so it is quite comfortable.

Fruit jersey dress (Vogue 1351) Fruit jersey dress (Vogue 1351)

I love that the bodice is lined so the cowl stays where it is supposed to be. I left the skirt unlined, but then I noticed that it is a bit clingy. I might add skirt lining later or maybe just wear a slip underneath. I’m declaring that this is my official summer dress this year!

Fruit jersey dress (Vogue 1351)  Fruit jersey dress (Vogue 1351)

Pattern is Vogue 1351 size 6.

20 Responses to Fruits print jersey dress (Vogue 1351)

1. poppykettle says:

Pretty, and super comfy? You’ve got the ultimate combo there, for sure :) It’s lovely! And I’m still sad you had to give back that gorgeous, gorgeous pooch! He looks so huggable :)

2. Stephanie says:

That’s a great summer dress! I love the fabric.

Eeeh, I haven’t looked at Vogue patterns for a while, so I’m doing some serious perusing.

3. Such a cute and easy dress for summer.

4. sallie says:

Love it! Great print! Definitely a summer go-to!

5. Leith says:

Great dress! I’ve never noticed this pattern before. Will definitely buy it now!!

6. wow I love this dress, great shape. 2nd time I have seen this pattern sewn up this week and need to get it, looks like a great simple shape that would be so wonderful to wear. very cute!

7. Kyle says:

That dress is so so so CUTE!!!

8. lisa g says:

very flattering! i love easy dresses like this.

9. Chris says:

Love it! It’s the perfect summer dress and looks great on you – well done

10. Hana says:

You have made a very cute dress for summer! It suits you so well. Duff looks even cuter on his sweater:)

11. Sabine says:

It’s a really cute dress. And Duff looks adorable with his sweater!

12. Ohh! I’ve been looking for comfy-casual knit dress patterns. What a fun, summery print, too! I’d have to make pockets, though… :) It looks lovely on you!

13. Andrea says:

Very cute dress, looks great on you! Totally makes me take a second look at this pattern.

14. Ginger says:

What a cute dress! I love the print– it’s so summery! As always, Duff looks adorable!

15. Virginia says:

That dress really flatters your figure and the print is lovely. Great to see Duff, too!

16. Jennifer Hill says:

Hi Novita, just to say I love your blog and your sewing, especially the ladies’ wear (I don’t have a boy, or a dog, but 3 girls!). I am just starting to sew clothes so its all so interesting, if a bit beyond me at the moment. I also love your dog fostering posts – good on you! Monty was so sweet and Duff is adorable, as is that little t-shirt he’s wearing!! Oh, and I made your reversible bag a few weeks ago. I’m so pleased with it. Thank you, VPP! Jen

17. eva says:

Hi,I like your dress, and all you make.
    I’m thinking to buy a vogue pattern but I don’t konw if it includes instructions. Does it include them?

thanks

18. Teresa says:

What a great summer dress!