I’ve finally consumed all my floral fabrics! I put all the fabrics in a big cardboard box and the box is finally empty now. I’ve never made so many stuff within such a short time, and actually enjoyed this whole month making all of them. It felt strangely sad to look into that empty box. But of course now all the fabrics have transformed into these clothes that are now covering my wall. I guess I have enough of florals now!
This grey and white floral are swiss dot cotton fabrics with nice dotted texture all over it. I made them into a pair of camisoles and shorts. The camisoles have tie straps and elasticized neckline, I also put a row of elastic shirring on the waist.
I use Jane pattern from Burdastyle for the shorts and added side seam pockets and ruffled hem. I cut the ruffles on bias so they don’t fray. Since the fabrics are a bit transparent, I lined the shorts with thin white knit fabric.
These floral fabrics are cotton in soft and sweet colors. My husband said they remind him of Vivian girls drawings by Henry Darger, minus the girls of course. I made them into these simple dresses with bubble hem. The bodices are cut on bias so they are a bit stretchy. The bubble effect is achieved by simply inserting elastic into the skirt hem. These dresses are so comfortable, almost like a long tank top. I will make one more for myself later. Or, uhm, keep one of these.
Two more denim vests with floral bindings.
And what to do with all those pretty floral scraps? I made some button necklaces with them! Unfortunately I only have 4 buttons left so I didn’t make a lot of necklaces. Today I wanted to go out to buy more buttons but I was sooo sleepy because I stayed up late last night. No, I wasn’t sewing, but we watched World Cup. Too bad that Japan soccer team lost to Paraguay in the penalty shootout. I almost shed tears looking at the soccer player’s faces. And that is my long unnecessary explanation to the button necklaces.
A bonus for myself! This floral fabric with embroidered border is only 90 cm wide, but I really like the color so I bought it anyway. I made a simple tube top with it, using the embroidered border for the top part. It has elastic on the top part and waist and an invisible zipper on the side. The front part has small darts on the side. I’m going to wear it on the market day!
These are the stuff I made this month!