Tissue case tutorial

Tissue caseI’ve used my new sewing machine to make these very simple tissue cases from scrap of linen fabrics. They are basically a lined fabric rectangle folded to meet at the center. I make the outer fabric longer than the lining fabric so it automatically folded inside, because I don’t like the lining fabric showing at the edge. It also eliminates the need of topstitching.

Tissue caseTissue case

The tutorial is only two pages, but please tell me if something is not clear in it.

Disclaimer: You may use the finished products for both personal and commercial use (craft shops or markets only – no mass production). Please do not pass off the pattern and tutorial as your own. Thank you!

Click to download:
Download18755 downloads

Have you made something from my tutorials? Join my flickr group to share!

27 Responses to Tissue case tutorial

1. Nicky H says:

Those are adorable! Thank you!

2. nan says:

two pages of the Tissue case tutorial is not clear

3. Andi S says:

I used your tutorial to make a present for a friend. It turned out beautifully and I even had to do conversions to inches. I shared your tutorial today here: http://crazydazedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/package-pals-craft-exchange.html

4. Ann says:

Thanks so much for this tutorial – these are so cute! I’m going to make some for my sisters as stocking fillers.

5. Jill says:

Hi! I used your tutorial and just had so much fun sewing these. I made some changes for me to use scraps of fabric, but the basic pattern started with yours. Thank you so much!!
    Here’s a link to my post where I blogged about it.

6. Kirsten says:

Hi there,

since you are my tissue-case-hero I linked you from my (very little) blog.

Greetings and thanks for sharing. :)
    Kirsten

7. Jess says:

Hello,
    I love your tutorials! Please let me know when you make a pink one. I’d love if you could have a guest post on my blog! Let me know

8. Louise says:

Thanks for the tutorial. I just made this for my one-thing-a-day challenge (http://sewidiotic.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-17.html) and I’m likely to be making some of your other patterns soon.

9. Laura says:

Hi,

I came across your blog through Burdastyle.com. I love that fabric you used for the tissue cover! Could you please tell me the name/manufacturer of the fabric?

Thank you!

10. Christina says:

This is such a great tutorial, I loved making these and it’s soo easy. I will be posting them on my blog here soon so please feel welcome to come and drop by…

11. Olelé says:

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing it, I find cutting the outer fabric longer than the inner very useful, not only for this project but for many others. Great tip for a beginner :)

12. Emily says:

Thanks so much for the tutorial! I made a couple of these and posted them on my blog with a link back to you. Thanks again! http://www.marthashmartha.blogspot.com

13. Andrea says:

Hello, Purple Person! I just found you today and I’m very charmed by your site! Thanks for posting your tutorials – perhaps they will be the thing to finally force me to figure out how to use the old sewing machine I was given months ago…

14. Ulla says:

Love it!Such a nice little sewing project

15. Marieke says:

Thank you for all your lovely posts, especially loved this one!

16. Skebba says:

This is so very gorgeous. Well done, you! Will be making one asap!!
    .-= Skebba´s last blog ..<a href=\ =-.

17. Thanks for sharing! Very nice and functional! :)

18. carla says:

Thank you for this tissue case tutorial, I made one.. soo easy :) Love it.
    It gave me confidence to try your other tutorials

19. Kirri says:

I love this tutorial! Thanks so much for putting it up, it makes it so easy for a beginner like me to make things.
    .-= Kirri´s last blog ..<a href=\ =-.

20. Nomaliza says:

Thank you for the tutorial, it sure help me with my online bags business, i’ll sure name it after you…Congratulation on your new sewing machine!!

Nomaliza
    .-= Nomaliza´s last blog ..<a href=\ =-.

21. Maria says:

Hi Novita,

Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial! I love the fabrics you’ve used for yours.

Also, congratulations on your new sewing machine!

Cheers from Toronto
    .-= Maria´s last blog ..<a href=\ =-.

22. Rachel says:

That is super cute! Thanks so much for sharing, I’ll be linking.

23. Anna Browne says:

I love it! your tutorials rock!

24. Silvia says:

Congratulations for your brand new sewing machine and thank you for the lovely tutorial, it’s so beautifully done! You are very talented and we can’t wait for more creations to come, have fun with your new sewing friend!