Now I should be making something else, a bag for Sidra’s art equipments, but I’ve been to 2 local fabric stores and didn’t find any suitable fabrics. Those unsuccesful trips resulted in purchase of other not so necessarily things, like these purple and white cotton fabrics. I guess Sidra has to wait for his bag next week, Mama’s being selfish today.
The purple dress is very simple, I used a basic bodice block to make the upper part. The lower parts are just 2 rectangles the width of the fabric, The front rectangle is cut in half for the opening. I was experimenting with unfinished edges (or maybe I’m just lazy), so I didn’t use any facings, except for self-facings for the front opening. To prevent further fraying, the raw edges are double stitched about 1 cm from the edges. The buttons are all in different shapes.
The hat pattern is from a Japanese pattern book, but I made the brim slightly wider. The fabric is Indian cotton. It was a very quick sewing, and I really like the result. I think I’ll make another hat in black.
Hat pattern is from ソーイングナチュリラ vol.2 Spring&Summer.