This dog jacket and pants use the same pattern as the sailor-collar jacket. I make the pockets bigger and change the collar to a hood and add ears, eyes, and the mouth part to make it look like a dog’s face. For added warmth, I lined the jacket with the same type of fabric in mustard yellow. This is my first attempt in lining a jacket, so there was a lot of trial and error along the way. But I’m quite satisfied with the end result. The pockets are also lined because I like the yellow fabric kinda peek a […]
The fabric was sold in pre-cut package, and it was only 50×110 cm. It is double-gauze cotton fabric, very soft and comfortable on the skin. I also like the soft colour and tiny white apples and ducklings on the pattern, so I thought it would make a nice shirt for Sidra. Because the fabric was very small, I just sketched a simple short-sleeves shirt with band collar. The opening is just a slit on the front, attached by a button tab. I also sewed a piece of linen ribbon in place of the label. I’m quite satisfied with the result. […]
Summer is over, and the weather is really nice right now. But it’ll get colder so I think Sidra is going to need a new jacket. I found the fabric in my favourite store, Yuzawaya, and really like the colour and texture. Apparently the 2 meters fabric is enough to make him a little suit. The jacket has sailor collar, two front pockets and coconut shell buttons. The pants have wide legs with turned-up hems, invisible front pockets and big back pockets. This is a casual jacket so I don’t put any lining (another reason for my laziness). Sidra wants […]
These apples fabric were on sale in Yuzawaya, Kichijoji. They are just too cute I can’t choose between the two, so I decided to buy them both. This shirt was pretty easy to make, mostly because cotton is one of the easiest fabric to sew. The pattern is from a Japanese pattern book. I especially love the buttons, which have nine holes in each instead of the usual four. When they were sewn on, the thread makes interesting starburst shapes. Sidra said that he’s going to wear his new shirt to school tomorrow. Pattern is from simple+one.
As requested by Sidra, this is a wallet with the same fabric as his robot bag.I looked at one of my wallet and just tried to figure out how they were connected together, then I drew those squares on the fabric. I put two pieces of cardboard inside the wallet lining to reinforce it and sew a piece of thin plastic for the photo section. Everything went smoothly until I had to sew the bindings. It was so bulky I couldn’t put it under the sewing foot, so I had to finish it with hand sewing. The finished piece look […]
Sidra loves to carry a messenger bag wherever he goes out, in which he puts his sunglasses, scarves, tissues, sunscreen, and some snacks. As his old bag is now dirty, he asked me to make him a new bag (and a wallet too, actually). We found this cute cotton/linen fabric with robots pattern in Yuzawaya. The red fabric was actually toile fabric that I dyed red. The result is somewhat faded red, which I really like. I made up the pattern myself using CorelDraw! This bag has two pockets and an adjustable strap, I can just add another button (or […]
This green striped shirt used to be mine, but I rarely wear it because somehow it didn’t hang well on my body. So I recycled it to a top for my son.
The pattern is from a Japanese pattern book, a very simple pattern with only two pieces. The check fabric was bought in Marunan, Shibuya, and the off-white fabric is muslin cotton. I found these cute buttons with kabuto-mushi (helmet beetle) embroidery in Yuzawaya, Kichijoji, and Sidra is really happy with those buttons. Pattern is from R&D.M.Co-boys&girls
A few days ago, Sidra and me went to Marunan, a fabric store in Shibuya, where I almost died looking at all the fabric. The 4-floors store is not too big, a bit like fabric store in Mayestik or Pasar Baru, but it is packed with the most beautiful fabric I’ve ever wanted. Cotton, linen, with beautiful patterns and everything.Sidra seemed to enjoy the trip, he wanted some fabrics and buttons for himself. At the end, I let him choose two fabrics for him, and one of them is this greenish grey thin fabric with thin stripes. I decided to […]
This is another top for Sidra that I made from toile fabric and scraps of kitchen cloth with some unfinished touch on the hems (or maybe I’m just too lazy)The shape and design is nice, but I’m still not too crazy about the whole result. Next time I’ll use real fabric. As usual, the boy seemed happy with the finished piece, but he claimed that he liked his summer jacket better. Pattern is from R&D.M.Co-boys&girls.