Hello! My name is Novita.
I’m a stay-at-home mom living in Tokyo with the two love of my life. We’re originally from Indonesia. My son and I moved to Tokyo in 2008 when I got married to my husband who has been living here since 1999. This is the story of how I met my husband.
I hope you enjoy my blog and can find some inspiration here!
Tools – Sewing
- Janome Equle CP 4850 – Used since February 2010, replacing my Janome Agneau d’Or Y101. Both are only available in Japan. Before I got a serger, I used zigzag stitch (#8) and stretch stitch (#6) on my Janome for sewing knits.
- Babylock BL-75 – similar to Babylock Imagine. Used since March 2012. It is a gift from a very kind lady!
Tools – Pictures
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Digital SLR Camera – I’ve used it since 2008, a birthday present from my lovely husband. I’m small, and digital SLR cameras always feel too big for my frame. This Panasonic is light and small enough for me, and -more importantly- very easy to use. I just put it on a tripod, set the timer and snap some pictures! Sometimes I set it on manual mode, but most of the time I just use the auto mode with perfect result.
- Panasonic DMCLX2K Digital Camera – This is the camera that I used before I got the DSLR. It is a small and compact digital camera, just point and click. You can check out my posts dated before December 2008 to see the pictures taken with this camera. Sometimes I still use it to take pictures of small objects where a DSLR is too bulky to use.
- iPhone 4s – I think I use this one more as a camera than a phone! Since I got it, I rarely used my compact camera again. My favorite apps are Snapseed, VSCO CAM, and of course Instagram. Here’s the link to my Instagram gallery.
- Olloclip 3-in-1 Lens for iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S – This one is clipped almost permanently on my iPhone. I mostly use the wide angle to get the most of vision.
- For editing pictures, I use Picasa and Adobe Photoshop.
- I make my illustration and pattern using CorelDRAW, a vector drawing software.
Tools – Blogging:
- Hostgator – Hosting company that I used for the first two years of blogging in this domain.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Hosting, mainly maintained by my husband. I switched to AWS after about 2 years with Hostgator.
- The Thesis Theme – The first premium WordPress theme that I bought after using free theme, Atahualpa. I love tweaking my blog and making changes in Thesis is so easy. It also has great support service and a helpful forum.
- Headway theme - It is a premium WordPress theme offering drag and drop layout editing, easy design customization, and developer friendliness. I changed my theme to Headway on December 2012.
- Flickr - For image hosting.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and I will earn a commission on referrals or sales generated by those links. That said, I personally trust and use all the products listed above and have found them satisfactory. More disclosure….