It’s that time of the year again!
All things that I have sewed in 2012:
For me: Several tops, pants, skirts and lots of dresses. My style has shifted a lot from the recent days of this blog, this year I didn’t make a single thing for me from my Japanese pattern books. I guess it’s time to find a better place for them and make rooms for more sewing patterns!
Lingerie: Still passionate about making bra and finding the perfect fit! I finally bought The Bra-Makers Manual (the CD version) and have been learning a lot from it. 2013 will certainly see a lot more of better fitting bra and lingerie for me.
For Sidra: Unfortunately I didn’t make him as many stuff as previous years. Sidra likes clothes and loves to look good in them, but his style is developing to be quite different than mine. I think it is a good thing though, he is now a little man who clearly knows what he wants to wear. Once a while we could work together where I made something that he’s proud to wear and I enjoyed making, like this Thriller jacket! It is one of my master piece.
For my husband: I swear I didn’t neglect him! But once a man has several nice fitting shirts and pants, what more can you make for him?
5 Most-worn Items:
- Side pleats dress (Butterick 5672). When it was just finished, I wasn’t too sure that I would wear it a lot, it looks like a sculpture. But it turned out to be one of the most worn dress this year. It is such a comfortable dress that hugs my body in all the right places. The double knit wool is beautiful and the color is fabulous. It’s my favorite dress this year and probably ever!
- Splotches dress (Vogue 1285). Pretty and comfortable dress. Easy to wear. Looks good all the time. What more could I want? I wore this dress so much last spring.
- Cambie dress. The combination between the pattern, the fabric weight and the style of the dress is just perfect. Not to mention that it is comfortable to wear and has pockets.
- Green Pastille dress. I had a lot of difficulties making this pattern to fit me that I thought I would hate the dress once it was done. But it turned out looking so cute and comfortable to wear!
- Ankle-length jeans (Butterick 5682). Simply because I don’t have any other pants in my wardrobe. Next year I shall make more jeans!
Clearly, comfortable is the key word. Also, maybe I should change my nickname to verygreenperson….
5 Never Worn Items:
- Pink Pendrell. This is my third Pendrell and I really love this pattern, but the hot pink is just too bright for me to wear comfortably.
- Zebra print Kasia. I omitted the pockets in this version of Kasia. Big mistake. Now when the skirt rides up, I can’t put my hands in the pockets to pull the skirt down. Apparently this tiny detail is enough to make me not feeling comfortable in it.
- Banksia top. Entirely my fault in choosing the fabric. It is just too thin and vulnerable.
- Iris shorts. Same mistake as above. The cotton twill wrinkles too easily.
- Orange dress (Vogue 8313). The dress is very pretty but as you might guess, the low back with bow is not very practical for my lifestyle. Maybe if I’m a more social person with lots of cocktail parties to attend….
I hope you had a lot of fun too in 2012! Cheers to you and here’s to a new year with more handmade items with love!