Four years

Me, my husband, and Sidra

The Party

The wedding, February 9, 2008

This is a drawing that Sidra made of our wedding four years ago. Sidra was still five years old at that time. Has it ben really four years already?

The lines radiating from my body were his interpretation of my flowy chiffon dress. There is a flower on my husband’s jacket. The thing on Sidra’s head is not a hat though, it is his own hair. And aren’t those teeth wonderful?

Everybody is looking happy in the drawing, just like how we were feeling that day. And just like we are still feeling today. Sometimes I still wonder how it is possible to feel happiness for so long. Forever I will love you and you, and thank both of you for making my life so bright and happy ♥

26 Responses to Four years

1. mia says:

happy anniversary mbak novita. i’m one of your million fans out there :)

2. Trisha says:

Happy Anniversary!!!

3. Anna says:

Nothing is better than a happy marriage and happy family! Good job and good luck!

4. Ginger says:

Oh my, this drawing is so sweet! A very happy anniversary to the three of you!

5. Marga says:

Happy 4 years of happiness, dear Novita!… I think I told you before: yes, it is possible to feel so happy because you found your right place in the world… and you deserve it!!! Nothing matters but the present day, and I have read you enough to know that you have been happy the last 4 years, you are happy now, and you will be happy the rest of your life… Why? Because you are where you have to be, with the man that complements you (your soul mate), and with a projection of your powerful love, your son Sidra. Let me be a bit silly: you are 3, a triad, the number of plurality… everything that grows in this circle will be multiple by the magic power of the number 3 (according to the ancient Egyptians!). Be happy like today or even more for many, many more years! Un beso grande for the beautiful family.

6. Kelley says:

Happy Anniversary!

7. bruns says:

i love this so much! happy anniversary. :)

8. Great picture. It really does speak volumes, beautifully.

9. Adelheid says:

Congrats Mbak Novita, semoga untuk seterusnya bisa bahagia bersama :)
    btw sidra lucu banget karena masih chubby…

10. kristin says:

Happy anniversary! That drawing by little Sidra is adorable.

11. Tina B says:

I don’t believe I’ve commented before, but I read your blog all the time and love it! And happy, happy anniversary. You look so blissful in that photo and it’s clear your family loves each other dearly.

12. Tara says:

I *love* how happy you all look – in the drawing and the real photos :)

Congratulations, Novita! May you have many more years of happiness.

13. Sascha says:

I love that Sidra put your husband in the middle. He didn’t separate you and him from his stepdad. Its an adorable drawing. One to cherish forever.